Approximate Seed Quantity: 50
A wonderful herb, sometimes referred to as gourmet parsley. It is delicately aromatic and a perfect choice for pots and containers in your garden. An absolute staple of French cuisine, used in many meat and vegetable dishes, adding a subtle, slightly bitter aniseed flavour. They will readily self-seed so leave some plants to do so for a continuous supply. The seed heads also make attractive additions to cut flower displays. Annual. Download sowing guide
- Best sown outdoors direct to growing position Mar to Jul.
- Sow thinly into finely raked soil with good drainage and barely cover.
- Days to Germination: 14-21 days depending on soil temperature.
- Thin seedlings and keep well-watered. (Overcrowding or dry hot conditions will force the crop to bolt).
- Pick often to encourage new young leaf growth.
- Best sowing smaller amounts every 3-4 weeks to maintain a supply all summer into early winter.
- Can also be grown as a windowsill herb all year round on a warm south facing windowsill.